Saturday, March 23, 2013

Russian Dormitory


Hi, dear friends! I think that the dormitory is one of the most popular topics among the students, especially, foreign student or student, who study in other city, not a native one. For example, I’m Russian, but I am from Kazakhstan, from a small industrial city – Ust-Kamenogorsk. Do you know this country? ) And I study at the third course of the International Faculty of Business Administration. Of course, I live in the dorm, because it’s expensive to rent a apartment in Tomsk. But at the 1st course I used to live in the two bedroom apartment. I had four neighborhoods from my native city, but each of us paid about 4000 rubles (140$ a month). Then I gave a place in the dorm. I have lived in the dorm for 2 years. In our dormitory there are 40 living units (blocks). There are 9 rooms in every section, five rooms for 3 people, and 4 rooms for 4 people. Girls and boys live in same section, but not in the one room)))))There are a small kitchen and bathroom with 2 showers. Not every section has own showers, only sections of our faculty. For other students there is one big bathroom with showers in the ground floor of the dorm. It costs about 40$ a year to live in the dormitory. And it’s cool to live in the dorm, because of the student atmosphere or other things, like international students – Chinese people =). But I had a apartment experience and I prefer to live in the dorm!

Dear professors, American and Russian students, do you live in the dorm or did you live? What do you can say about the American dormitories? How much does it cost to live in the dorm? And do you like it? 






4 comments:

  1. I don't live in a dorm and never did but I'm on the picture))) Nice))

    It was day of international food! It was a really great idea!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a saying, 'The students who live with their parents always envy those who live in the dorm'. Vika, do you thing this saying is still true? ))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I had an opportunity to live separate with my parents. I can't say that living in a family is bad. I wouldn't like to live in dorm cuz i want to have my own bathroom and use it as long as i want. At home i'm not fighting with my mum about the bathroom :))
    And one more huge plus is that when I come back home really tired and still have to study, i dont need to cook cuz mom has already cooked smth delicious! :P
    So I can't say it is true concerning me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My experience has been that dorming is very popular for the first year of college. I think it helps with meeting friends and getting very involved in the college. but as people get situated with a group of friends living on campus becomes less important. Right now, i live in an apartment off campus with two of my friends. I think living off campus in apartments has become very popular here in fredonia. The cost is about the same for living in a dorm and living in an apartment. I think living in an apartment offers a little more freedom than living in a dorm which makes it more popular.

    ReplyDelete